J.K. Rowling’s enchanting seven-part series about The Boy Who Lived was already a huge hit with children and adult readers alike when Warner Brothers published the first Harry Potter film, which brought in millions of new fans all over the world. The final chapter of the film adaptation was released in 2009, and the first volume of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is scheduled to be released in November of this year (2010). This Halloween, in between the two movies, there will undoubtedly be a large number of people dressed up as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Potter. Here are some ideas for enchanting Harry Potter costumes you can use if you wish to dress up as one of them.
Halloween Costume Based on Harry Potter
You would, of course, have a desire to be Harry. After all, there are numerous advantages to holding the position of the Chosen One. However, there are many different interpretations of the Harry Potter costumes available to pick from. The first option is the long, black Gryffindor robe, which is available in sizes suitable for both adults and children. You will require the Gryffindor robe above all other things as the bare minimum requirement. In point of fact, if you have the robe on hand, you will be able to convincingly portray any member of the Gryffindor house. If you want to be a Weasley, all you have to do is color your hair red, and if you want to be Hermione, all you have to do is rumple your hair and make it as big as you can.
It goes without saying that you can also play the part of Harry Potter by donning his crimson Quidditch robes and a variety of other necessary accessories to finish off the look. The legally licensed Quidditch outfit is a long, flowing robe with an attached hood and yellow stripes on the sleeves. This robe is an exact replica of the one worn by Harry Potter in the film. On the left side of the wearer’s chest is embroidered with the Gryffindor house crest. Be sure to purchase a broom and a Quidditch helmet for your kid if you have your heart set on leading the Gryffindor Quidditch team, which is known for its exceptionally talented players.
Ideas for Dressing Up as the Darker and More Evil Characters from Harry Potter
Since everyone else wants to be Harry, Ron, or Hermione for Halloween, why not shake things up a bit by dressing up as one of the antagonists from the Harry Potter series? The long, black robes are still one of the fundamental essentials; all you need to do is learn how to personalize them in order to project a more distinctive persona. There are also officially licensed Harry Potter costumes available for the following characters, which you can find here:
- Voldemort costume that comes in sizes for both adults and children.
- Dementors are also obtainable in sizes suitable for adults and toddlers.
- Death Eaters are available in sizes suitable for men, women, and children.
- Accessories for the Harry Potter Costumes
It’s the insignificant aspects that actually make a difference, and if you don’t pay attention to the specifics, your close friends will never be able to get a true sense of who you are. If you want to seem realistic in your Harry Potter costume, you must need to have the following accessories:
If you are going to dress up as a Quidditch player, then you need make sure that you have a Firebolt 360 in your possession. Harry’s Broom. If you don’t change this, no one will believe that you play Quidditch.
- You have the option of buying a Harry Potter wand or making one on your own. However, it is quite unlikely that the wand you buy will have a real phoenix feather at its center.
- The circular eyeglasses that Harry wears are essential to his vision; without them, he would be blind.
- Gryffindor Scarf: During the winter months, many members of the Gryffindor house are spotted wearing this gold and crimson scarf. It is known as the Gryffindor Scarf.
- Gryffindor Tie – This accessory will bring your outfit together perfectly.
- Wizard Hat Students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are expected to wear this characteristically pointy wizard hat. Low Budget? No Problem! Put Together Your Own Harry Potter Costume for Halloween!
If you do not have the funds to purchase a new robe costume for school, you can make your own. You might start with the black graduation robe that has been in your mother’s wardrobe for as long as you can remember. This is a wonderful foundation, and you could enhance it with Harry Potter costume accessories that you could either buy or make yourself. You should have little trouble tracking down the wand and the glasses, and with a little bit of persistence, you should be able to acquire a scarf with a striped pattern of red and yellow. Do not overlook the significance of the part that makeup plays either. The crowning feature of Harry’s appearance is the lightning bolt scar that he bears on his forehead.